Definition of sodium arsenite
: a poisonous substance that is obtained as a concentrated solution or dry powder by treating arsenic trioxide with sodium hydroxide, that consists in some cases of a mixture of sodium ortho-arsenite Na3AsO3 and sodium meta-arsenite NaAsO2, and that is used chiefly as an insecticidal bait and weed killer
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?