Definition of social organization
1 : the kinship structure of a culture or society especially as constituted in a stabilized network of rules of descent and residence
2a : the system of relationships between persons and among groups with regard to the division of activity and the functional arrangement of mutual obligations within society
b : the broad institutional interrelationships in a society
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?