soak inphrasal verb
soaked in; soaking in; soaks in
Definition of soak in
of a liquid
: to enter something by a gradual process Pour water around the base of the plant and allow it to soak in. —often used figuratively He sat quietly, letting her words soak in.Close your eyes and let the music soak in.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game