\ ˈsnī \
\ " \
Definition of sny (Entry 2 of 3)
: to bend upward —used especially of the edge of a plank near the bow or stern of a ship
\ " \
Definition of sny (Entry 3 of 3)
: the upward curve of the edge of a plank especially toward the bow or stern of a ship
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game