Definition of snuffbox bean
1 : a sea bean that is the large seed of a tropical liana
2 : a plant (Entada phaseoloides or E. scandens) bearing the snuffbox bean and having tough ropy stems, pinnate leaves ending in a tendril, small spicate flowers, and gigantic sword-shaped woody pods divided into boxlike compartments
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game