Definition of snow scald
: a disease of cereals and turf grasses caused by fungi of the genus Typhula (especially T. gramum) and characterized by white to gray or black mycelium and by reddish brown sclerotia in the roots, stem bases, and leaf sheaths
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game