snot·ter | \ ˈsnätə(r), -ätə-\
Definition of snotter
(Entry 1 of 3)
: nasal mucus
Definition of snotter (Entry 2 of 3)
variants: or snorter \ ˈsnȯr|tər , -ȯ(ə)|tə(r , |tə- \
Definition of snotter (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : a flat rope usually of sennit secured to a yardarm to which a tripping line is bent and used to strip the lower lift and brace from the yardarm in sending down topgallant and royal yards in a ship of war
2 : a loop or ring of rope or metal for receiving the lower end of a sprit
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game