Definition of snooker someone/oneself
: to do something that prevents someone/oneself from doing or achieving something The locals snookered the reporter into believing that old tale. He was ahead early in the match, but he snookered himself by performing badly.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game