sniff around/roundphrasal verb
sniffed around/round; sniffing around/round; sniffs around/round
Definition of sniff around/round
: to try to get (someone) as a romantic partner, employee, etc. His engagement hasn't stopped him from sniffing around other girls. Rival companies have been sniffing around her for years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game