snarl upphrasal verb
snarled up; snarling up; snarls up
Definition of snarl up
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to stop (something or someone) from moving or making progress Traffic was snarled up because of the parade.
Definition of snarl-up (Entry 2 of 2)
: a situation in which one can no longer move or make progress a traffic snarl-up
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?