snarfed; snarfing; snarfs
Definition of snarf
: to eat (something) quickly or greedily : scoff entry 3 snarfed down some pizza … class-action lawyers who gobbled up Monday's ruling like Iditarod [Trail Sled Dog Race] dogs snarfing kibble.— Steven Levy In locker rooms all over Florida and Arizona, the ersatz baseball players are snarfing up the free food as if there were no tomorrow.— George Vecsey More workers snarf down lunch at their desks instead of at restaurants or the employee cafeteria, according to a survey from KFC, the fast-food chain. — The Wall Street Journal
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game