snap upphrasal verb
snapped up; snapping up; snaps up
Definition of snap up
: to buy or take (something or someone) quickly or eagerly Shoppers came to the store to snap up bargains after the holidays. The company is hiring. When they see your work history, they'll snap you up!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game