Definition of snap ring
1 : a spring ring that is sprung open and snapped into place in its groove and is used especially for a piston or other retaining ring function
2 : an oval or pear-shaped ring used by rock climbers to fasten a rope to a piton
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game