smell uptransitive verb
Definition of smell up
: to fill with an especially disagreeable odor the baggage man reported to the district supervisor that two trunks had smelled up his car— E. D. Radin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game