smalt·ite | \ ˈsmȯlˌtīt\
variants: or less commonly smaltine \ -ltə̇n , -lˌtēn \
Definition of smaltite
: a tin-white or gray isometric mineral (Co,Ni)As3−x of metallic luster that is an arsenide of cobalt and nickel and is isomorphous with skutterudite and chloanthite (hardness 5.5–6, specific gravity 6.4–6.6)
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game