slowly but surelyidiom
Definition of slowly but surely
: by making slow but definite progress —used to stress that something is happening or being done even though it is not happening or being done quickly We're getting the work done, slowly but surely.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game