slowly but surelyidiom
Definition of slowly but surely
: by making slow but definite progress —used to stress that something is happening or being done even though it is not happening or being done quickly We're getting the work done, slowly but surely.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game