slim downphrasal verb
slimmed down; slimming down; slims down
Definition of slim down
1 : to lose weight : to become thinner
2 : to make (something) smaller : reduce We have to slim down the company's advertising budget.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game