Definition of skinworm
1 : a caterpillar that is the larva of a moth (Archips franciscana) of the family Tortricidae that burrows beneath the skin of apples in the western U.S.
2 : a grub that is the larva of a skin beetle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game