Definition of skinworm
1 : a caterpillar that is the larva of a moth (Archips franciscana) of the family Tortricidae that burrows beneath the skin of apples in the western U.S.
2 : a grub that is the larva of a skin beetle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game