Definition of skin effect
: an effect characteristic of current distribution in a conductor at high frequencies by virtue of which the current is greater near the surface of the conductor than in its interior resulting in an increase of resistance with increasing frequency
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game