Definition of skew ray
1 : a ray in a symmetrical optical system that is neither parallel to nor intersecting the axis
2 : a ray of a prism not perpendicular to the edge
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game