sit·u·la | \ ˈsichələ, itᵊlə\
plural situlae\ -chəˌlē , -tᵊlˌī \
Definition of situla
: an ancient vessel shaped like a bucket usually of decorated bronze and found in Italy and other parts of Europe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?