sit in onphrasal verb
sat in on; sitting in on; sits in on
Definition of sit in on
: to attend (something, such as a class or meeting) without officially participating She's been asked to sit in on the meetings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game