sit in onphrasal verb
sat in on; sitting in on; sits in on
Definition of sit in on
: to attend (something, such as a class or meeting) without officially participating She's been asked to sit in on the meetings.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game