si·sym·bri·um | \ sə̇ˈsimbrēəm\
Definition of sisymbrium
1 capitalized : a genus of annual or biennial herbs (family Cruciferae) having a pubescence of simple unbranched hairs, lyrate pinnatifid leaves, and terete stems and comprising the hedge mustards — see descurainia
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Sisymbrium
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game