si·rex | \ ˈsīˌreks\
Definition of sirex
1 capitalized : the type genus of the family Siricidae including various horntails that are destructive pests of unseasoned lumber from coniferous trees
2 plural -es : any horntail of the genus Sirex
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game