sing the praises of (someone/something)idiom
Definition of sing the praises of (someone/something)
: to say good things about someone or something often in a very enthusiastic way They were singing the praises of their new equipment. The critics sang the praises of her performance in the play.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?