sing the praises of (someone/something)idiom
Definition of sing the praises of (someone/something)
: to say good things about someone or something often in a very enthusiastic way They were singing the praises of their new equipment. The critics sang the praises of her performance in the play.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game