sing someone's/something's praisesidiom
Definition of sing someone's/something's praises
: to say good things about someone or something often in a very enthusiastic way The doctor has a wonderful bedside manner and patients sing her praises. It seems like everyone is singing the new restaurant's praises, but I was unimpressed.
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game