sing someone's/something's praisesidiom
Definition of sing someone's/something's praises
: to say good things about someone or something often in a very enthusiastic way The doctor has a wonderful bedside manner and patients sing her praises. It seems like everyone is singing the new restaurant's praises, but I was unimpressed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game