sing someone's/something's praisesidiom
Definition of sing someone's/something's praises
: to say good things about someone or something often in a very enthusiastic way The doctor has a wonderful bedside manner and patients sing her praises. It seems like everyone is singing the new restaurant's praises, but I was unimpressed.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?