Definition of silver trout
: any of several silvery fishes: such as
a : a trout that is a silvery variety of the cutthroat trout and is native to Lake Tahoe and adjacent waters
b : a salmon that is a small landlocked variety of the sockeye salmon
c : a trout that is a silvery variety of the brook trout and is known only from Monadnock Lake
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game