Definition of silver trout
: any of several silvery fishes: such as
a : a trout that is a silvery variety of the cutthroat trout and is native to Lake Tahoe and adjacent waters
b : a salmon that is a small landlocked variety of the sockeye salmon
c : a trout that is a silvery variety of the brook trout and is known only from Monadnock Lake
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?