Definition of silver tree
1 : a South African tree (Leucadendron argenteum) commonly cultivated for its long silvery silky leaves
2 : an Australian timber tree (Tarrietia argyrodendron) of the family Sterculiaceae
3 : silver bell
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game