Definition of silver sagebrush
: a usually low and much-branched perennial sagebrush (Artemisia cana) of the western U.S. that has silvery entire leaves and is an important browse and shelter plant
— called also gray sage
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game