sil·i·co·tungstic acid | \ "+...-\
Definition of silicotungstic acid
: any of several heteropoly acids of silicon and tungsten especially : a pale-yellow crystalline acid H4SiW12O40.x H2O containing 12 atoms of tungsten in the molecule, obtainable by acid hydrolysis of a mixture of sodium tungstate and sodium silicate, and used chiefly as a precipitant for alkaloids
— called also tungstosilicic acid
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game