Definition of silica ware
: ware consisting of silica usually in the form of pure sand partly or wholly fused and shaped into tubes, dishes, and beakers for use as scientific apparatus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game