Definition of signed number
: one of a system of numbers represented by a sign + or − prefixed to a digit or other numeral such that the sum of two numbers with unlike signs and like numerical elements is 0
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game