signal noise rationoun
Definition of signal noise ratio
: the ratio of radio field intensity to noise field intensity also : the ratio of the signal transmitted through a piece of radio equipment to the noise generated within the equipment itself
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game