Definition of side-bar rule
: an English legal rule authorized by the court to be granted by the clerk of the rules upon a praecipe as a matter of course without formal application being made to the court
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game