side withphrasal verb
sided with; siding with; sides with
Definition of side with
: to agree with or support the opinions or actions of (someone) She sided with her friend in the argument. They betrayed their country and sided with the enemy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game