Definition of side draft
1 : the tendency of a tillage implement (such as a plow) to move or be forced in a direction at right angles to the direction of its forward motion
2 : the amount of the force applied to overcome the direction of a side draft
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game