si·da | \ ˈsīdə\
Definition of sida
1 capitalized : a very large genus of tropical herbs or shrubs (family Malvaceae) having usually small white or yellow flowers followed by five or more schizocarps with solitary pendulous ovules and including forms that yield useful fibers or mucilaginous substances — see yellow mallow , queensland hemp
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Sida
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game