sicken ofphrasal verb
sickened of; sickening of; sickens of
Definition of sicken of
: to lose interest in (something) because one has had too much of it He soon sickened of busy city life and moved out to the country.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game