sick to one's stomachidiom
Definition of sick to one's stomach
1 US : caused to vomit I was sick to my stomach last night. also : feeling like one is going to vomit : nauseous When I had the flu, just the thought of eating made me sick to my stomach.
2 : feeling very disgusted or angry The way they treat people makes me sick to my stomach.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game