variants: or shy bladder syndrome
Definition of shy bladder
: paruresis The fear of urinating in the presence of others (even when you're safely locked in a bathroom stall) actually has a name: paruresis, otherwise known as shy bladder syndrome. — The Oprah Magazine I should have pushed him to drink more water that day because it was a scorcher and because I know (due to his shy bladder) he only drinks the bare minimum to get by.— Mike Myers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?