variants: or shy bladder syndrome
Definition of shy bladder
: paruresis The fear of urinating in the presence of others (even when you're safely locked in a bathroom stall) actually has a name: paruresis, otherwise known as shy bladder syndrome. — The Oprah Magazine I should have pushed him to drink more water that day because it was a scorcher and because I know (due to his shy bladder) he only drinks the bare minimum to get by.— Mike Myers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game