Definition of showshop
1 : a shop where salable wares are displayed
2 : theater the realm of the showshops … where a hummable melody … is apt to be the highest musical expectation— John Mason Brown a fairly clever farce-melodrama … not without its entertaining moments, its showshop shrewdness — New Republic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?