show/teach (someone) a trick or twoidiom
Definition of show/teach (someone) a trick or two
: to give (someone) good advice about how to do something based on one's experience Grandpa should be able to show/teach us a gardening trick or two.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game