show (someone) roundphrasal verb
showed (someone) round; shown (someone) round or showed (someone) round; showing (someone) round; shows (someone) round
Definition of show (someone) round
: to act as a guide for (someone who is visiting a place) : to lead (someone) around a place and point to and talk about the interesting or important things She showed us round (the city). You've never been to my house before. Let me show you round.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game