shoulder sleeve insignianoun
Definition of shoulder sleeve insignia
: a distinctive cloth patch worn on the left sleeve of a uniform just below the shoulder seam by individuals assigned to Army divisions, corps, and armies, to Air Force wings, and to other specifically authorized organizations and also worn on the right sleeve by individuals to indicate overseas service with certain units during periods of active operations
— called also shoulder patch
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?