short-billed marsh wrennoun
Definition of short-billed marsh wren
: a marsh wren (Cistothorus stellaris) of North America that resembles the long-billed marsh wren but is smaller, has a bill much shorter than its head, and has fine whitish streaks along its upper parts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?