Definition of short snorter
1 : a member of an informal club for which a pilot, crew member, or passenger who has made a transoceanic flight is eligible
2 : a piece of paper money (such as a dollar bill) endorsed by short snorters as a membership certificate for a new member
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game