short particular meternoun
Definition of short particular meter
: a six-line hymn stanza of which the first, second, and fifth lines are iambic trimeter and the third, fourth, and sixth are iambic tetrameter
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game