sheep·berry | \ ˈshēp-—see berry\
Definition of sheepberry
1a : a North American shrub or small tree (Viburnum lentago) having white flowers in flat cymes
b : the black edible berrylike drupe of this plant
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game